Sunday, July 7, 2013

Saving your Coins



I think one of the best ways to save money these days, of course, is to put all your coins into jars. I have used money from my money jars to pay for lunch, dollar store products, and even going to the $1 movies.

How many times have you sat on your sofa, put your hand in between the cushions and pulled out money? More times than you can count, probably. I have made it a rule in my house, to put all change into our change jars. I have two jars, well acutally, the one for nickels, dimes, & pennies is a 5 gallon water bottle and the one primarily for quarters is a VOS water jar. As for the girls, they each have a Hello Kitty bank.

When tough times call, i have been able to pull the money out of my jars and pay for small unexpected expenses. Never underestimate the power of small change. Lots of people always say to put your money into the bank, but i happen to believe that if you have a money jar, you have quick access to it, rather than having to go to the bank and pull your money out.

Whatever your money habits are, make it a rule to have at least one jar in your house to keep all your spare change, you will be surprised how much you can save in a short amount of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment