Wednesday, October 2, 2013

31 Days of Halloween: 4 Ways to Decorate (Day 2)

Halloween is all about decorating your house the spookiest. Yes, it's about the kids too, but when it comes to decorating your house, sometimes people have to be the best at it. The neighborhood where we go trick-or-treating, they go all out, they create haunted houses and everything, it's great. Now, I am all about simplicity. I shop the dollar stores to get good deals. I also read alot of magazines to get D.I.Y. tips. I also read other blogs to see how they create their Halloween on a budget. This can help you out in the long run. 

Yesterday, I was going through the blogs that I faithfully read, and everyone is pretty much doing a series on Halloween. Not only do they post recepies and such, they also post free printables. Alot of times, you can get alot of nice decorations that you can download and print. I was reading My Litter yesterday and was able to score a free printable. Check it out


Sorry, it's got glare. Now I put this up on my cabinet at work, but she suggested that you buy a nice frame at the dollar store and hang it up. Which is not a bad idea. It will look really great in a picture frame. I will be printing out more so I can put it up at my house. Want to get this great free printable? Here is the link, If the Broom Fits Printable. Also, check out her 31 Days of Halloween (My Litter) series. Her name is Tiffany and she is a blogger out of Houston, Texas.

Now, who says you have to buy alot of decorations to make your home nice? You can do alot of different things to make it nice. Check out my list and see what works for you.

4 Ways to Decorate on a Budget:

1. Follow other bloggers and score free printables and craft projects
2. Shop at the Dollar Stores
3. Read magazines to get tips on crafts
4. Use your kids Halloween arts and crafts for decorations

As you can see, I am not much of a decorator. I only have 4 ideas, but this is usually what I do when I want to decorate simply. I am trying to be a D.I.Y'er so as to save money on all those decorations.

I would love to hear from you, and how you decorate on a budget.

No comments:

Post a Comment