Tuesday, October 1, 2013

31 Days of Halloween: Movies (Day 1)

Welcome to Day 1 of 31 Days of Halloween! I hope you are as excited as I am. I love this time of the year when the season changes, the kids start getting excited about what they are going to be for Halloween, decorating the house all spooky like and let's not forget, the TREATS! Oh yeah! I remember when I was growing up, my mom would literally decorate the entire house for Halloween, even the bathroom! It was really great. She was even starting to become the #1 place to come to on Halloween, she would give out the best candy and we would even make candy apples. Sadly, she passed away in 2005 and we no longer had the Halloween that we used to. But, now that I have my daughters, my passion for Halloween has returned. Stronger and better than ever.

So to begin my series, I thought we would start off slow. Since it's the beginning of October, we have plenty of time to get through all the great things that I have planned. I want to start off with movies. Yes movies, I want to put my Netflix to work. If you are like me, then movies should be the first thing to do on your list. I love to watch the classic Peanuts holiday specials. The first one I put on my list was "It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown". It is one of the best cartoons out there for Halloween. I love watching this over and over again. I rented it mostly for the girls to enjoy. They haven't really had the chance to watch it and I want to sit down with them and share the moment.


Now, how about movies for the adults? Well, I am not too much into horror movies, but the movies that I really love and have me at the edge of my seat are, of course, the "Halloween" Movies, with Jamie Lee Curtis. For some reason, the only ones that I watch out of this series is Parts 1, 2, & Halloween H20. I cannot get into the other ones that they made.


Next up, SCREAM! I have only really seen Parts 1 & 2, the rest, not so much. But, I would put this on my list because it's really good.




How about this for your family night? Disney has tons and tons of movies that you can rent that pertain to Halloween and this is one of them. I think this movie is well on it's way to becoming a Halloween classic. It's hilariously funny. I mean, Bette Midler, Kathy Najimy and Sarah Jessica Parker are so wonderful in this movie, sometimes it's like they are sisters.

You can also rent Disney's "Halloween Town" movies, that is a great series as well.


There are so many movies about Halloween, that it's hard to name them all. This is just a sample of what I have and would put on my Netflix list. Celebrate the entire month with some great horror movies, great kid and family friendly movies, get together with family and friends, pop some of that popcorn, turn off the lights and get your fright on. I would really love to hear what movies you have seen or suggest watching. What movies scare you to bits that you would want to share with us? What movies do you watch with your kids? Share your movie list with me and let's have a spooky good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment