Friday, October 4, 2013

Frugal Photo Friday: Listening to the Radio for Freebies (Week 1)

Welcome to the 1st Week of Frugal Photo Friday! As I mentioned in my last post, I was joining Money Saving Mom & Simply Rebekah on their series. This is a series they did last year with a theme, they decided to change it this year and not do a theme. The purpose of this series is to photograph anything that might have helped you save money. So to start off this series, here is my first photograph.

Free Family Four Pack Zoo Tickets!

 I am constantly listening to the radio and trying to win all the great prizes they give away. You can cut your costs this way, they give away movie passes, food gift cards, tickets to special events, the zoo, and so forth. I won these zoo tickets in late August from my local radio station. I was going to use them for Hailey's birthday, but my husband had to work that day. So we decided to save them for the holidays instead. How is this going to save me money? Well, I will tell you, the tickets are for 2 adults and 2 children, when I went into the zoo website, I checked out the regular admission prices.

Adults: $10 Each
Children 2-13: $7.00 Each

So, final price just to go into the zoo would cost us $34.00! How is that for savings!

We get to enjoy the wonders of the zoo for free! Would this be considered frugal? I think so, because, when you think about it, the point of being frugal is to cut costs and save money anywhere you can, but also still enjoy some of life's pleasures. Listening and winning on the radio can help you with cutting some of those costs.

So there you have it, my Frugal Photo for this week. Want to see other posts like this? Then head on over to Money Saving Mom & Simply Rebekah to see what others are doing to save money!

Have you taken any frugal photos? Let me hear you!

No comments:

Post a Comment