Friday, August 23, 2013

Slow Down Challenge - Day 3 Multitasking is a Myth

Well, in my opinion, multitasking in not a myth, it can be done. I consider myself the greatest multitasker ever! Why you ask? Well, not only can I cook and clean at the same time, I can also run errands and talk on the phone at the same time. Amazing!

Over the last few years, I have had to make alot of adjustments in my life. I have had to juggle work, home, kids, school, homework, etc. I have learned how to juggle it all, sometimes at the same time. Take my job, I answer the phones, type, greet clients sometimes, sign for deliveries. You really have to learn how to multitask in a workplace. So I have put those skills to work for me at home.

Take last weekend for instance, during the week my house can get cluttered and messy really quick, especially with the kids just leaving thier stuff everywhere. So I have a plan in motion, I start the laundry, wash the dishes, then sweep and swifter the floors, once the laundry is done put it in the basket, start another load, go out and hang dry, come back, throw out trash, put new bags in, start lunch, clean our room, check the mail, list goes on and on.

I really find it enjoyable doing lots of things at the same time, because it keeps me busy, I know that things are getting done. But at the same time, doing all these things is what keeps me away from other things and this is where you look at your tasks and determine that you have to slow down and take a breather. So what that in mind, take your multitasking and try to slow down a bit, sometimes, not everything needs to be done at once.

What are your thoughts?

Task 4:

Embracing Interruptions

No comments:

Post a Comment