Friday, October 11, 2013

31 Days of Halloween: Kids Halloween Portraits (Day 11)


During this time of the year, alot of the professional protrait studios have lots of specials and discounts going on because of the upcoming holiday season. If you want to capture the best of Halloween for your kids, use one of those portrait coupons and take professional Halloween pictures of them in their costumes.

About two years ago, I received an awesome coupon from our local Olan Mills Portrait Studio located inside K-Mart. It was a Halloween Portrait Special. The special was, if I remember correctly, 1-10x13, 1-8x10, 4-3x5, and wallets, plus the 1-10x13 would have a Halloween Border around the picture (I am estimating, I have more pictures than that). I believe I paid about $16, it was $10 for the special and $6.00 processing, which was not bad. I got great portraits, and they looked so beautiful in their costumes. I really loved the background they used for this portrait, because it really captured and complimented the colors in their costumes. Sadly, our Olan Mills closed down and now I have to look for another studio for portraits.

This is another way to save money if you want professional portraits, check out your local photo studios websites and see what specials they have going on right now. Some of them charge sitting fees, but due to the holiday season, they want people to use their studios for portraits and will usually waive the sitting fees and add extra photos to the package.

Have you taken Halloween portraits of your kids in their costumes? If so, share your story and what tell us what studio and coupon specials you used.

No comments:

Post a Comment