Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Slow Down Challenge - Day 4, Embracing the Interruptions

I realized that I did not post my update on this challenge. So here is the update for this task.

We all have interruptions, it's part of our everyday lives. I personally hate to be interrupted. Not only do I get interrupted when I am in the moment of doing things, I lose where I am at and don't remember what I was doing when I was interrupted.

Well, I have learned to accept and embrace the interruptions. When it comes to the kids, there is no wiggle room here, they are going to interrupt you no matter what, because everything they see and do is cause for interruption because they want to express it to you right away. So what do I do? I take time from what I am doing and give them 5 minutes for them to express themselves. Alot of times I get frustrated, agitated and downright cranky because sometimes there are things that I plan to do and then BOOM! something or someone interrupts me. Alot of times, those interruptions turn out to be the best thing that could have happened. Why you ask? Well, those interruptions happen to be a birthday party invitation, hearing from an old friend that I had not heard from in a while, hearing all about my kids adventures from that day.

So whatever interruption gets in your way, take the time to slow down and listen, some of those interruptions can be lifesavers or rewarding in their own way.

How do you embrace interruptions?

Task 5:

Taking Time to Express Gratitude

No comments:

Post a Comment